SES is looking for a Staff Geologist / Engineer to join our team.
A full-time position is available for a self-motivated Environmental Professional proficient in completing standard Phase I and Phase II ESA projects. Candidates must understand the components of project management and be capable of completing multiple, technically accurate, on time and within budget project assignments. This is considered a staff to mid-level Project Management position depending on qualifications. Position duties/requirements will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience and demonstrated ability in completing ASTM/AAI compliant Phase I ESAs
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in completing Phase II ESA fieldwork including soil, groundwater, soil gas, and indoor air sample collection techniques
- Experience and demonstrated ability in completing Phase II ESA, BEA and DDCC/ResAP reports
- UST/LUST assessment/reporting experience a plus
- Asbestos inspector’s license considered a plus
- Communicate with regulatory agencies (EPA, EGLE, and local counterparts)
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and the ability to work both independently and on project teams
- Have a can-do attitude and a willingness to perform a variety of tasks as needed to complete an assignment and satisfy project demands
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER trained
- Proficient with MS Office tools (AutoCAD a plus)
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Willingness to travel, including air travel
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, engineering, or a scientific discipline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
In order to be considered for this position you MUST have experience preparing Phase I ESAs (all aspects from research to report preparation).
Salary is commensurate with experience. The location of the position will be either Grand Rapids or Detroit, Michigan.